Resources for you
We want to support you on every step of your fertility journey with us. To help you there are some helpful online resources which you may wish to access/ look at. To access each site please click on the name of the organisation.
- The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Association (HFEA), website provides a series of pages dedicated to patient support, you can access these pages here.
- The HFEA has undertaken a series of podcasts, featuring an experienced fertility counsellor talking about an aspect of patient support or a good practice example from an individual clinic. You can access these here.
- Adoption UK is a charity providing support, community and advocacy for all those parenting or supporting children who cannot live with their birth parents.
- One Adoption is dedicated to informing and supporting people with adoption across Yorkshire and Humber.
- The British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA) is a registered charity and is the only professional infertility counselling Association recognised by the HFEA and British Fertility Society.
Donor Conception and support:
- The Donor Conception Network are a supportive network of more than 2000 mainly UK based families with children conceived with donated sperm, eggs or embryos, those considering or undergoing donor conception procedures; and donor conceived people.
- The Seed Trust, provides impartial advice, support and information to prospective donors, intended parents and surrogates.
- Pride Angel, supports donors willing to donate sperm or eggs to help single, lesbian, gay and infertile couples achieve their dream of becoming parents.
Fertility and infertility support:
- The Fertility Network is a national charity who is here for anyone who has ever experienced fertility problems.
- Fertility Friends supports people in respect to infertility. From infertility, adoption, parenting after infertility and moving on, their community is here to help.
- Gateway Women is a global friendship and support network for childless women.
- Chana supports couples in the Jewish community with information and support regarding infertility.
Having a baby without a partner:
- The Stork and I, aims to enable single women to understand their options when it comes to starting a family with no partner.
- The Miscarriage Association supports people affected by miscarriage, molar pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy.
- Surrogacy UK is a one stop shop for all information about surrogacy in the UK.
- COTS is run without financial gain by people dedicated in helping others through surrogacy.
- Brilliant Beginnings is a UK agency which helps surrogates and intended parents come together and pursue surrogacy.
- British Association of Gender Identify Specialists (BAGIS), was founded in 2014 for the purpose of promoting clinical research and exchange of knowledge of gender dysphoria and transgender health.
- Gender Identity Research & Education Society (GIRES) is a UK wide organisation whose purpose is to improve the lives of trans and gender non conforming people of all ages, including those who are non-binary and non-gender.